Employing Overseas Workers

To employ workers from outside the EEA, an employer must have a sponsorship licence under the ‘Points Based System’ (PBS).

Once licenced, your organisation will be able to issue certificates of sponsorship to worker, who will then make their own immigration application under the PBS.

It is a criminal offence to employ non-EEA workers who are in the UK unlawfully. It is essential to comply with UK immigration law – the consequences can be heavy fines, imprisonment and bad publicity. The government regularly publishes a list of offenders.

We have experience of working with companies from many sectors; we have the ability to handle any project or problem which has a UK immigration law and policy angle to it.

We can help with:

  • Sponsorship licences
  • Continuing compliance with the Points Based System
  • Employing Tier 2 workers
  • Transfer of employees to and from the UK

In short, we will ensure your statutory compliance leaving you free to carry on with your business.

If you are a business owner, an advisor to businesses, HR director or someone with a people or recruitment remit we can add value to your organisation through our knowledge and expertise of UK immigration matters. Call us on 01473 229820 or complete our enquiry form if you want to know more.

Employing Overseas Workers

Speak to a legal advisor